Are you looking for your next career opportunity? Learn more about the benefits of working at Ontra.
A fully remote law practice is possible with Ontra
Whether you’re looking to start, supplement, or scale your legal practice, Ontra works with its freelance legal partners to find tailored, long-term client engagements that work best for them.
It’s time to take control of your legal career
Whatever your experience, availability, or career goals, Ontra empowers you to practice law without the constraints of a traditional legal career.
Determine your own workload
Maintain control over your legal practice, whether you’re looking to start, supplement, or scale with Ontra.
Gain greater autonomy over your legal practice
Set your own flexible schedule and practice law from anywhere.
Get access to high-quality clients
Remove the time constraints of business development. We’ll bring the client engagement opportunities to you.
Remove logistical roadblocks
Ontra handles all billing and collections services so there's no need to chase clients for payment.
Build your network
Network and collaborate with other like-minded freelance professionals in the global Ontra community.
Nurture client relationships
Build and develop long-term, trusted client relationships.
Meet the lawyers in our network
“Flexibility for me is essential. I wanted to be more active in my kids’ lives and community, so I left a successful Big Law career and opened my own practice with more flexible hours. Working with Ontra lets me do things that are important to me, like volunteering at my daughter’s school, spending time with my extended family, and helping out at community organizations.”
Start, supplement, or scale your legal practice with Ontra
Lawyer partners in our network enjoy working with Blue Chip clients, without the hassle of business development or complex billing processes. Ontra offers flexible and remote client engagement opportunities, and a tailored pipeline of transactional work to reach your business goals.
What we look for in our freelance lawyer partners:
Open opportunities for freelance lawyers
- Asia-Pacific Legal Consultant Remote | Flexible
- Asia-Pacific Legal Consultant Remote | Japanese-Speaking
- Asia-Pacific Legal Consultant Remote | Mandarin-Speaking
- Asia-Pacific Real Estate Lawyer Remote | Part-Time
- Australian-Licensed Corporate Lawyer Remote | Flexible
- EU-Qualified Corporate Lawyer Remote | Full-Time
- EU-Qualified Corporate Lawyer Remote | Part-Time
- French-Speaking Corporate Lawyer Remote | Part-Time
- German-Speaking Corporate Lawyer Remote | (m/w/d) Deutschlandweit
- M&A Contract Specialist Poland | Part-Time
- Remote Contract Specialist Sell-side NDAs
- Remote Contract Specialist Sell-side NDAs
- Spanish-Speaking Corporate Lawyer Remote | Part-Time
- UK-Qualified Corporate Lawyer Remote | Full-Time
- UK-Qualified Corporate Lawyer Remote | Part-Time
- UK-Qualified Healthcare Transactions Lawyer Remote | Part-Time
- UK-Qualified Real Estate Lawyer Remote | Part-Time
- UK/EU-Qualified Fund Formation Lawyer Remote | Part-Time
- US-Licensed Commercial Contracts Lawyer Remote | Part-Time
- US-Licensed Corporate Lawyer Remote | Part-Time
- US-Licensed Fund Formation Lawyer Remote | Part-Time
- US-Licensed Healthcare Transactions Lawyer Remote | Part-Time
- US-Licensed Real Estate Lawyer Remote | Part-Time
Not a corporate lawyer?
That's okay! Drop us your resume and we'll keep an eye out for other opportunities for you to build a practice with us.
Frequently asked questions
What experience and qualifications do lawyers need to be on your platform?
Our clients look to Ontra to manage their high-volume transactional needs so experience negotiating routine contracts, such as non-disclosure agreements, is desired. While our primary focus is corporate transactional work, please submit your resume if you have experience outside of corporate law as we may have future client needs that match your expertise.
How many hours does a typical lawyer work on the platform?
The volume of work with Ontra is generally most conducive for lawyers who are looking to supplement or scale their own solo practice or boutique law firm. However, we also partner with a variety of other professionals including working parents and entrepreneurs. The commitment to Ontra equates to about 15-25 hours per week, but this can be scaled up to full-time.
What type of legal work is available on the Ontra platform?
Our legal partners can expect to negotiate and manage standard commercial agreements for clients in Asset Management, Real Estate, and Healthcare. These contracts can vary depending on the clients’ needs, but typically include investment-related non-disclosure agreements, engagement letters, vendor contracts, and other managed service agreements.
What technical requirements are needed to negotiate documents on your platform?
Our platform is web-based and can be accessed from anywhere. All you need to access your Ontra work stream is a reliable internet connection and a current version of Microsoft Word. Additionally, any device you use to access our platform will need to meet our security requirements.
As a freelance legal partner, am I employed by Ontra?
No, our legal partners are all independent contractors. Ontra handles a variety of administrative tasks for our legal partners (including invoicing, client billing and collection, and business development), but the legal work and advice is exclusively provided by you.
How are client opportunities presented to Ontra legal partners?
Ontra lawyers are presented with available client engagements based on a variety of factors, including relevant experience, time zone, and team dynamics. Legal partners then select their engagements based on their availability to service a client’s ongoing contract needs and interest in that particular client.